Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remote GMI

Remote GMI

Ohai,
    I've been working on a GMI service, that can communicate directly with the GMI, and I'm far enough in the process to make it public for everyone now. Since this is a ongoing project, you might experience some downtime.

How-to
    Simply type "/tell remotegmi gmi imbued globe of clarity"
    Or go to aogmi.com

Enjoy!

Changelog

• Added QL range filter
    • Started logging searches and orders for future features (graphs, most popular, etc)

• Optimized performance
    • Separated search & item view, so you can link to the individual item/search query

• Moved to a bigger server
    • Added aogmi.com as domain

• Bigger fonts, less scrolling
    Last edited by Infall; Oct 14th, 2015 at 23:46:24. Reason: changelog
    * 3rd place in Best Dressed contest 30 june 2007 *
    Access GMI Remotely

Have you cleared the use of the GMI APIs with FC ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Have you cleared the use of the GMI APIs with FC ?
    Yes
    Access GMI Remotely

I love the simplicity in this! Is there a way to implement a login for your character on the site, so you can manage prices and such when not home?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    I love the simplicity in this! Is there a way to implement a login for your character on the site, so you can manage prices and such when not home?
    Sorry, no
    Access GMI Remotely

I understand, still very nice. I can still see if i have sold stuff by searching manually, which is nice. I've been craving for something like this. (Haven't tried the chatbot yet, but it looka promising)
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Is there any sort of externally accessible API for this? Would be cool to integrate with AOItems if so.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Is there any sort of externally accessible API for this? Would be cool to integrate with AOItems if so.
    Yes there is, but item ID's are not the same, so it will only match on item names, plus it would affect the load time on aoitems by a lot, unless loaded async. That is why i got a open API in pipeline, since i need to find a good solution.
    Access GMI Remotely

Quote Originally Posted by Infall View Post
    Yes there is, but item ID's are not the same, so it will only match on item names, plus it would affect the load time on aoitems by a lot, unless loaded async. That is why i got a open API in pipeline, since i need to find a good solution.
    Does the API provide JSON output? I'm contemplating making it load client-side, and probably going to require user interaction (click a button) to load the data.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Does the API provide JSON output? I'm contemplating making it load client-side, and probably going to require user interaction (click a button) to load the data.
    Ofc it returns json.
    Access GMI Remotely

If aoitems made a request (to get sellers/buyers listing) using the full item name (and flagging it's expecting an exact match only). Would that be workable for you?

Probably takes 2 requests on your end, but you could cache one of them after the first occurrence.

Guess otherwise aoitems would have to make 2 requests, 1 to search and 1 to get the list.
    Last edited by Vhab; May 21st, 2015 at 15:03:41.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

omg yes, this helps greatly! It's hard to read all those on the tiny interface in-game. This helps being able to see a huge list at one time.

It also allows me to see the market while not having the actually log in, greatly appreciated!
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Thank you very much! This is an amazing service

On question/request though: would it be possible, sometime down the line, to implement user sorting (asc/desc) of table headers, i.e. sellOrders and buyOrders? For example, it would be greatly appreciated if I could order the result by quality level instead of price.
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

this is amazing. 11/10

Quote Originally Posted by Izgimmy View Post
    Thank you very much! This is an amazing service

On question/request though: would it be possible, sometime down the line, to implement user sorting (asc/desc) of table headers, i.e. sellOrders and buyOrders? For example, it would be greatly appreciated if I could order the result by quality level instead of price.
    Nice idea. I'll implement it tonight.
    Access GMI Remotely

Hey man! I learned about this only yesterday and it already made my life simpler. Thanks for creating this. You rock! (as do all of those who have created things to help others players )
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

I love this so much :3

Thanks for creating and sharing!
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Omg!!! And then combine with AO items, so you can see pricez, and maybe even AO item assistant, so you can check your GMI value at any time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Omg!!! And then combine with AO items, so you can see pricez, and maybe even AO item assistant, so you can check your GMI value at any time...
    Let's also put wings on a car, and make it water proof so it can be a flying scuba car
    Access GMI Remotely

Quote Originally Posted by Infall View Post
    Let's also put wings on a car, and make it water proof so it can be a flying scuba car
    This man is a visionary.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast