Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 12th, 2010 - I got the year right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Apparently there are so many 220s in this game that they are EVERYWHERE, no matter where you are, not matter what you are doing a 220 will be there farming!
    oddly enough. its actually quite true.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Majoroutage_ View Post
    I dunno, the new PF sounds like a persistent PvP area. As in, there's nothing else to do to gain VP but killing other players. If that's the case, you'll still see plenty of gimps waiting to farm BS still.
    It is stated to be a persistent PvP zone. Sounds like a new Will to Fight but they're of course hoping it runs a lot better than that ever did. Means did say it would also give VP though as a "participation" reward not a kill reward. The end reward in BSs would be a participation reward so here it may be a nano in your NCU when you're in the zone that refreshes and hits you with VP.

By your logic though the other seven BSs would be running often too, they're not. Take the 200-209 BS on RK2. For a while at least people managed to organize that as a VP farm BS and even set up a dedicated bot to help manage it. That didn't last all that long though. Also VP rewards from a kill is new, people felt confined to BS end reward gains for VP long before they added kill rewards.

One thing with BSs is the longer it takes for a round to start the more likely it is that the round will end early due to not enough people going in. With leveling being made faster with daily missions, other possible bigger XP rewards and the possibility of being able to skip to about lvl 200 being still on the table as a change they may implement getting something with the requirements of BSs going at leveling lvls would just get harder. So then the only BS that may become a dedicated VP farm BS is the 210-220 one. Although all it really takes is one or two people that don't want to go along with the arrangement and that all falls apart. Some do just love to cause trouble for others after all so we can pretty much count on that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by castaras View Post
    CoH is a good point. But due to the Beacon Warping of 220s in, it's alot of the time just used for soloing for the weapons and necromancer cloaks. Getting rid of that functionality (which is going to be annoying for me but better for the little people) might go some way to helping in that area. Not sure, not been to CoH before without a high level (which says something, doesn't it? =|)
    Yeah, beacon warps have messed up CoH. IMHO, there is a solution for it that wouldn't be hard to implement.

- Don't allow beacon warps into CoH
    - Turn CoH into an 80-130 lvl "dungeon"
    - Multiply CoH XP by 1.5 or something (as we know, it's possible, since FC doubled the XP in SL back when SL came out)
    - The same XP multiplier could be used in any RK level-locked "dungeon" (ToTW, Biomare...) to make them more attractive again
    - Don't allow lvl > 200 into Inner Sanctum

When an instance is level locked, people will go there to get both XP and loot that they need, at the appropriate time... If it is not (CoH, SoM, IS...), most of them would think "let's wait for 220, then I'll do it faster... til then, let's pwn some rocks and wait on lft".
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    "let's wait for 220, then I'll do it faster... til then, let's pwn some rocks and wait on lft".
    for me, make nukes/mongo/hits/heals of people seing hecklers grey => bugged mobs running away etc ... aka /kill OST a lot of problems fixed.
    tighter teaming range could also be a possibility.
    dungeon level lock ? why not ...

but anyway problema numero uno : get more ppl IG !
    that means startgame revamp, new engine and advertising. GD says that's the plan and i agree.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Apparently there are so many 220s in this game that they are EVERYWHERE, no matter where you are, not matter what you are doing a 220 will be there farming!
    So very true. Friday night I logged on and was getting setup to level one of my projects and I did not care which one so level range was wide and varied. 220's OST in Nasc, 220's OST in Ely, 220's OST in Ado, 220's in frickin statics in Ado OST the entire level of the static.

Everywhere I looked there was a 220 being used to make the content easier and faster. So I spent an hour to find content that was not hecks that was open that I could do. Oh wait I only had 2 hours to play and half was lost because of this issue. When this is done vast areas of mobs are consumed and the concept of using teams to actually fight and kill the mobs in a normal way is not possible as they are all dead. And when they repop you get 1 or 2 kills before the 220's agg the remainder away again. So yes 220's everywhere being used to make content as low cripplers stupid easy and safe with an OST.

An instance or 2 at 80 to 149 that has good rewards and DOES NOT allow OST's would be so nice. Frankly it does not need new loot or items it just needs good reward that is doable without inteferance from 220's. This is one of the reasons I love DR.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    oddly enough. its actually quite true.
    Well, they're not on newbie isle yet--but that just means we should start a pool on how long it takes for someone to find an exploit that makes it possible. They're damned sure everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Well, they're not on newbie isle yet--but that just means we should start a pool on how long it takes for someone to find an exploit that makes it possible.
    It wasn't an exploit but they changed it, but it use to be possible to use LFT to warp someone to the mainland, then they could die and get teleported back to NI.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Apparently there are so many shills in this game that they are EVERYWHERE, no matter where you are, not matter what you are reading a shill will be there shilling.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    ... and I am taking shameless credit on this one: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=517065
    Yeah, like that has never been suggested before.

Edit: Just the first one I found from before your post.
    Last edited by GenShay; Feb 14th, 2010 at 03:41:47.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    tighter teaming range could also be a possibility.
    I am not so sure about tighter teaming ranges - at least at lower levels. It is so frustrating when you finally find a traditional team to realize that one player is too low/high and somebody has to leave the team.

I understand that the level ranges are there to keep people from leeching. Reality though is that lowbie twinks can be a lot more powerful than higher level gimps. Well built Subway twink can slaughter its way through ToTW and level gimps that are "too high" and outside of the teaming range. Low level NTs are used in Elysium with OST to level toons that are so high that NT would not get XP even if it wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    There will be no "stepping on coloured lights to make stuff happen" in the playfield. Doesn't mean the colours aren't important, but no - This instance isn't like anything else in the game currently.
    Adding TL7 instances at this stage in the game is ruining the game, spreading it out into an annoying extra step people have to complete.

There are way too many that are completely unused. My vote is to consolidate half of them so you could actually get people to do them, so they arent empty unless I play a doctor, a soldier, an enforcer, and a crat and do them by myself. I'd invite people to fill the other spots in the team, but there is noone looking for them.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

This game need both solo and team end game PVE content. There's players who literally got everything from current content and have nothing to do. Not everyone is altaholic.
    Current solo content:
    - ai ground farms (boring as hell)
    - inferno soloing (obsolete loot)
    - arid axp - best source for axp, grind only. 20 quests there are very good, but one time only
    Current team content:
    - ipande (normal pande doesn't count, nobody run it anymore) - after you get your burden it's over
    - apf 13/28/35 - belt + nanos and then it's over, zero replayability
    - apf 42 - need to get other 30 ppl
    - lox instances - got symbs? now only reason to ever do it again is 12man for buff
    - db1/2 - only db2 got some reason to run repeatedly (infusers to sell).
    One time rewards make this game very hard for ppl who didn't join the initial rush. Extreme example is DB1 quest chain - team only, very long, nothing for any1 who already did it. If you're not in big org, zero chance to do it.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    Hell, I do APF's as much as i can do, even though i got all my phats ages ago. Sectors are generally the most fun alien encounters, and theres still credits to be had too even. And good AXP too (which isn't gained through utter boring means)

This game need both solo and team end game PVE content. There's players who literally got everything from current content and have nothing to do. Not everyone is altaholic.
    Current solo content:
    - ai ground farms (boring as hell)
    - inferno soloing (obsolete loot)
    - arid axp - best source for axp, grind only. 20 quests there are very good, but one time only
    Current team content:
    - ipande (normal pande doesn't count, nobody run it anymore) - after you get your burden it's over
    - apf 42 - need to get other 30 ppl
    - lox instances - got symbs? now only reason to ever do it again is 12man for buff
    - db1/2 - only db2 got some reason to run repeatedly (infusers to sell).
    One time rewards make this game very hard for ppl who didn't join the initial rush. Extreme example is DB1 quest chain - team only, very long, nothing for any1 who already did it. If you're not in big org, zero chance to do it.
    Could not agree more! Add to this that it is only a few professions that will get team for the "reruns" at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    the level ranges are there to keep people from leeching.
    yep, i'm not talking lowie ranges. i'm talking OST kites and inferno missions. i think the team ranges should go tighter passed 160, upto kind of 200 : 160-220 / 201 : 162-220 ... 210 : 180-220 ... 220 : 200-220
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Adding TL7 instances at this stage in the game is ruining the game, spreading it out into an annoying extra step people have to complete.

There are way too many that are completely unused. My vote is to consolidate half of them so you could actually get people to do them, so they arent empty unless I play a doctor, a soldier, an enforcer, and a crat and do them by myself. I'd invite people to fill the other spots in the team, but there is noone looking for them.
    Well as Kintaii said, it will be as no other encounter ingame, then lets belive him
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Whine about people being unable to do team encounters after they get loot.
    You just need new friends. I'll do most of those just for the fun of it.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Majoroutage_ View Post
    You just need new friends. I'll do most of those just for the fun of it.
    I do not whine about myself, I'm one of that who got everything. But is it really fun doing apf hundred times? Or pande?
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post

An extra step before... what? I always wondered what this "end" people strive towards is for...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Extra step before getting all the "end-game" equipment you planned to.

And anyways, all that this "extra" tl7 instancing is doing to this game, is spreading thin the already thin tl7 active population.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast