Thread: Demigod

Demigod

Name itself is enough, it is AWESOME. Any of you tried it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseeker
    Neoseeker has given the game a perfect 10, specifically noting the game's breathtaking visuals and sound saying "Most games worth reviewing will look good and maybe have a decent soundtrack, but Demigod is absolutely stunning in both sight and sound. Words cannot describe how beautiful this game is, folks, and my screenshots don't even begin to do it justice."
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

I tried it. The graphics aren't THAT great

I'm not generally into RTS, arena-RTS even less, so I found it less than captivating.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I tried it. The graphics aren't THAT great

I'm not generally into RTS, arena-RTS even less, so I found it less than captivating.
    I can totally agree here, but hey! After playing Anarchy Online its not THAT bad Just connect with your friends via Hamachi, get some microphones and skype. Then comes the hours, i mean HOURS of fun.
    since 2005

From what I read the stability of the online play seems really crappy, and only 8 "demigods" is a bit underwhelming compared to something like DotA (which I only pick because it's the game that it seems to get compared to, and I play DotA a lot).
    So, suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it!!!

Would be better with more demigods(but they can add on later i guess), and lags for me on medium settings late game when theres a million and one little ****s on the screen. But beyond that is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamentiumm View Post
    From what I read the stability of the online play seems really crappy, and only 8 "demigods" is a bit underwhelming compared to something like DotA (which I only pick because it's the game that it seems to get compared to, and I play DotA a lot).
    The online problems were fixed.

Dota took years to get to where it is now as well and most of dota also lies unused, and the community is hostlie and not friendly towards newbies, making Demigod a perfect game for all those who would actually like to try dota but can't because of the elitism of those who play it
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Gas Powered Games is pretty good, I did like the Dungeon Siege games a fair bit.

The funny part.

Demigod: "The game is best described as a RPG/RTS hybrid, significantly influenced by the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of the Ancients, and it borrows from both of those genres."

DotA: "Defense of the Ancients (DotA) is a custom scenario for Warcraft III, based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for StarCraft."

So looks to me like WoW copied someone else and got the credit as per usual, but SC > WoW to those who bother to look.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Then again, Warcraft III isn't WoW. Not disagreeing with the core of the post, just that one thing to nitpick about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrofiil View Post
    Then again, Warcraft III isn't WoW. Not disagreeing with the core of the post, just that one thing to nitpick about.
    Hell no. Warcraft III is so much better than WoW IMO, having tried both.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Gas Powered Games is pretty good, I did like the Dungeon Siege games a fair bit.

The funny part.

Demigod: "The game is best described as a RPG/RTS hybrid, significantly influenced by the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of the Ancients, and it borrows from both of those genres."

DotA: "Defense of the Ancients (DotA) is a custom scenario for Warcraft III, based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for StarCraft."

So looks to me like WoW copied someone else and got the credit as per usual, but SC > WoW to those who bother to look.
    By WoW you mean WC3 ?

Also, DotA got boring after a year. Starcraft is still fun after 11 years. Diablo II was the last original piece of work Blizzard released. Everything since are updates to older games with no surprises thus get boring from the start.

Yeah ofcourse game has minor bugs for now. The amount of Demigods will probably be increased in near future, if not they'll add more mods and items. Else than that, it really did took years for DotA to be like this.
    since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    By WoW you mean WC3 ?
    Right.

For some reason my mind associated Warcraft (anything) with WoW.

Eitherway, SC > WC3 too.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I have friends that work for Stardock, and although I haven't played it yet I've seen plenty of footage of it. It doesn't seem particularly remarkable visually, but the gameplay could get addicting.
    ~~
    RK2 Guernica - 220 (18) Mp
    RK2 Taotou - 180 (12) Doc
    + Assorted old toons I don't play anymore
    ~~
    ╞╤╧╪♥Gue♥ ╪╧╤╡
    [Vantura]: guerni can I get ssome loving
    To [Vantura]: I'm sorry, but you're clan. I'm omni. It would never work. I'm high maintenance. I need towers above TL 4. And none of those gay animal hats you guys wear.

How can WCIII "steal" from Starcraft, considering that they're made by the same company...? And by that logic, wouldn't Starcraft have just stolen from Warcraft II? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
    Last edited by Adamentiumm; May 26th, 2009 at 19:16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamentiumm View Post
    How can WCIII "steal" from Starcraft, considering that they're made by the same company...? And by that logic, wouldn't Starcraft have just stolen from Warcraft II? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
    Sure it can, it's just a reskin after all.
    The Red Brotherhood

Okay...but it isn't stealing if it's your own property.

But they're made by different inhouse teams :O
    The Red Brotherhood

Dota for wc3 is based on aos for sc, in the same capacity that cod 4 was based on golden eye.. Smilar consepts (walk down lane use hero to kill stuff, push lanes kill enemy base) but pretty differnt games when you look at them as a whole(atleast in my opinion, having played both )

Ps.. yes sc ftw, i hope the new sc has atleast as much map creation possiblys as warcraft3(hopefully more! )
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.