Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A way to get credits out of the game and people to BS/Shadowlands?

A way to get credits out of the game and people to BS/Shadowlands?

I just got this stupid idea, and I hope it is stupid enough to be good.

What I would like to see is a way to get money out of the game, at the same time getting people back to shadowlands and maybe even more into BS.

How I visioned this is, add a tradeskill component to a jobeshop costing a significant ammount of money.
    This tradeskill item is combined with Dustbrigade Notum Infuser and makes a Jobe Hacked Infuser. (Heres a oppertunity to make fixers usefull for B&E again).
    Then this Jobe Hacked Infuser can be combined with the old Tier3 armor and makes the armor viable to combine with the OFAB Armor.
    The combined Tier3+Ofab should be better than the Combined armor flooding the market today.

The results I have in mind witht his idea is:
    *Getting money out of the game
    *Getting more people into BS and making the old Tier armor viable and wanted again
    *Lowering the demand of AI armor, the population with alot of money will spend it on upgrading their toon with nodrop gear, the population with less credits at hand wil now be able to afford the Combined Armor.
    *Reducing the demand of farmcities opening more noninstanced cities to orgs.
    *Killing trashmobs in Pande might actually not be that anoying anymore as something usefull can drop.
    *Maybe making the catacombs instanced and boost the XP there. That way new players can lvl and improve their toons with gear at the same time.
    *More use of tradeskillers again.

The process of making this armor can even need a item from a new instance aswell, maybe some XAN stuff making it the "Best of 3 worlds"?

The best armor ingame shouldnt be the easiest to get your hands on!
    It should be the sort of armor that people still use in social even after 6 years (burden) because it looks cool and shows that you have worked hard for equipping your toon with the best gear.

So what do you think, am I on to something here?
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

/signed

It saddens me that an armor with such a cool concept and design (tier armor) has been made almost useless and gimp with the release of OFAB. I would really love for something like this to be implemented to reduce the toons that are uber just because of the creds they spend. More earning armor, less buying imo.
    Service (220 Doc ) : Putrefy (173 Shade) : Klench (162 Enf ) : Impiety (113 MP) : Immolater (76 Agent ) : Apprentice Pained (5 Advy)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Ex-ShadowMercs, Ex-Awakening, Ex-Legion, Ex-Orbitek,)

I think it an awesome Idea..... Totally will make the hard grind for Tier armor more Viable & get people into BS to farm Ofab apart from just AI farm for Lead Bots.

Kudo's
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Service View Post
    /signed

Some more stuff...

More earning armor, less buying imo.
    This should be the point of the game, imo.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Service View Post
    More earning armor, less buying imo.
    You already can earn everything. Simply because people choose to buy and sell AI armour and other such things doesn't mean you, or others, can't go out and earn it yourself. With instanced cities it's especially easy now to do just that.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post

<SNIP>
    So what do you think, am I on to something here?
    I think you just might be

Depends on the piece and the prof it belongs to. It's no secret that the mods on tier armor weren't very well thought through, and as such, some ofab pieces are simply laughable. Compared to AI armor which provides blanket stats to a wide variety of mods. Consider the ofab engineer chest, which adds 75 grenade, compared to the 30 on a piece of supple armor. But the supple armor also adds burst/fling/AS/AAO and can be mixed with evade armor or +dmg/AAD armor. The question is, if they do this... will they get it right the third time?
    Waiting for a cure.

So you would like to get an armor even better than combined ai at the cost of making t3 parts (15 minutes of work for a character with fast run speed to get yesdrop items from gms, my tl5 made it in 30 minutes so it simply has to be faster for tl7) + obtaining ofabs (30 minutes – 1 hour of exploiting winning system on BS for a full set of ql 300, not to mention fact that most of us already have vp flooding out of our ears).

How about no? No thx? We need some items that are hard to obtain but better than anything. Those items are combined ai armors.

Someone has to say it: it is a MMORPG guys. Newbs just need to jealous. They need to gring and farm something. If they were able to get so "ubah stuffz' so fast, they would have nothing to do soon and they would leave.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Feb 17th, 2010 at 12:11:49.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

debump, not a fan of making combined armors worthless and mediocre.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Quote Originally Posted by EmSeeBee View Post
    debump, not a fan of making combined armors worthless and mediocre.
    Bump for this debump. Combined was designed to be the best armor in the game, let's keep it that way.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

/signed and it gave me a nutty idea.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

/signed
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Bump, if eventually they do bring further upgrades to armor sets into the game (which lets face it is going to happen, and is already viewable in the Delta sets) I think that this idea is as good as any and would bring a set of armor that I for one spent a lot of time getting together back to life. This could even be why OFAB is so bland looking, it needs tier to give it some color.

Adding Tier armor to your OFAB seems the most logical option to turn your Penultimate set into Ultimate Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    How about no? No thx? We need some items that are hard to obtain but better than anything. Those items are combined ai armors.
    You argue that Tier and OFAB is easy to get due to buying from the gms and exploiting BS.

To make tier you first need to create the Jobe set. This involves farming insigs for Ely and Scheol possibly at a TL3-4, having embryo's/visions from Cata's, creds and time. Then you need to upgrade most of the set to tier two. Again involves cata's items that can be GMS bought (for a cost, some glyphs were 30mill+ back in the day). To make some items we then also need a Jokers Glyph, a no drop item found on Ado static bosses. Finally we need further glyphs from Pande (which could be purchased from the GMS) and FRN, an item that when it was useful was camped to hell in a zone intended for levels 60-100 by TL7 agents and soldiers and sold for again 15-30mill.

Thats just to make tier armor. Also note that many of these stages require TS to make and activate Glyphs for you to combine to your armor.

30mins - 1 hour to get enough VP for a full ql 300 set of OFAB seems very far fetched to me, not sure what kind of exploiting goes off on RK2. But if this was possible, you still have the need to farm 2 upgrades per armor piece which while not difficult can take time depending on luck with drops.

You can not buy any of the above as a finished piece of armor.

Finished Combine AI Armor sets can just be bought and equipped, you don't have to go near the BS or do any major questing/farming (other than Bazzits) so how would this be harder to obtain?
    Last edited by Tanana; Feb 17th, 2010 at 14:05:33.

I meant to add that the improved tier could be a slightly weaker alternative or cover the combination holes in the AI sets like (nano skills and melee?)
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

So you would like to get an armor even better than combined ai at the cost of making t3 parts (15 minutes of work for a character with fast run speed to get yesdrop items from gms, my tl5 made it in 30 minutes so it simply has to be faster for tl7) + obtaining ofabs (30 minutes – 1 hour of exploiting winning system on BS for a full set of ql 300, not to mention fact that most of us already have vp flooding out of our ears).

Someone has to say it: it is a MMORPG guys. Newbs just need to jealous. They need to gring and farm something. If they were able to get so "ubah stuffz' so fast, they would have nothing to do soon and they would leave.
    Well the point of this is to make you actually have to work for the armor.
    Thats why I sudgested a item from a new instance could be involved in making this aswell.
    Also the point where you have to pay alot of money to a NPC to get the upgrade thingy will hopefully make the economy more stable again in the long run.

If this system would be implemented Tier3 would be sought after again, parts wouldnt be so easy to get and I doubt you could farm a complete Tier3 set in 15 minutes.

The battlestation has been here for a while now and there are alot of ofab items that is very important to have to preform the best as a proffesion, yes I havent seen any signs of exploiting the system. If this is a major consern, make the BS run for 30 mins even when 4 capped.
    If you already have VP flooding out of your ears, guess what? You earned it!
    I bet people had money before the AI armor was released?

And yes, AI armor might be hard to opbtain once you lvl up your first toon etc.
    But for me when I roll an alt now, I buy AI armor transfer it. Done....
    Farming Chosen + Ofab + buying a item from a vendor, heck even getting the upgrade from a new instance would actually make me put some work into my alt.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Bump for this debump. Combined was designed to be the best armor in the game, let's keep it that way.
    So was Flower, MKII, OTAF/Sentinels, Azure, Chosen and Beast armor.
    Your point is invalid.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

All those armors were made obsolete by armors that required even more farming or killing even stronger mobs. There is a pattern here, better items come harder tasks to complete. Combining tier with ofabs on the other hand would be a step back.

Your description of tier obtaining is nice but outdated. Today you can buy FRN for 1 – 2 mln, embryos cost like 500k / 1, those adwents or whatever they are called almost everyone has from SL quests, glyphs are dirt cheap, you can even get them for free, especially t3 glyphs as people are farming Pande like crazy. Basicly all you need to do is to alphakill some mobs in ely for basic jobe armor parts and you are set. And now those item would be suddenly better than ai armor? No way!
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

All those armors were made obsolete by armors that required even more farming or killing even stronger mobs. There is a pattern here, better items come harder tasks to complete. Combining tier with ofabs on the other hand would be a step back.

Your description of tier obtaining is nice but outdated. Today you can buy FRN for 1 – 2 mln, embryos cost like 500k / 1, those adwents or whatever they are called almost everyone has from SL quests, glyphs are dirt cheap, you can even get them for free, especially t3 glyphs as people are farming Pande like crazy. Basicly all you need to do is to alphakill some mobs in ely for basic jobe armor parts and you are set. And now those item would be suddenly better than ai armor? No way!
    Today yes, but ever heard of supply vs demand?
    The only reason it is so cheap now is because noone wants it.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Prices are so cheap Cief because it a worthless, social piece of armor atm. If it became useful prices would sky rocket.

Your right about Pande Glyphs being more common place now with iPande but even with this it remains that a set of Tier is harder to get your hands on than a set of Combined.

Regardless of what you think Cief someday there will be an armor set that replaces Combined, it's bound to happen, it's how these things play out. We already replace some items for OFAB and in the future we will either have upgraded Combined to use or upgraded OFAB. Given the choice I'd rather FC introduce and breath life back into a brilliant set of armor such as tier than just give me some random item to throw on a combined piece which gives me 10% extra stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I just got this stupid idea,
    You said it yourself. No need to add more to that.
    Unablässig von Blut getränkt ist die Welt doch nur ein riesiger Altar worauf alles was Leben hat geopfert werden muss; endlos, unablässig...

Dooma

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast