Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DM Infiltration Preparation

DM Infiltration Preparation

Hey,

I'm doing a lot of this mission right now, it's the one were you have to get three parts from Borgs. Whenever I see other people doing the same DM, they have a high level friend/alt with them. And yes, I have Belamorte on me as well.

I believe this DM is too hard for at least part of the range it's intended for (50-75). What do you guys think?

In addition, the parts you need is less than frequent (had to kill entire baracks the other day and still get the last part outside), and some of the Borgs have huge health bars. Now, my little soldier is not exactly twinked, but there are professions out there with less DPM. what's your experience with this, it must take forever on some toons. I have no problem spending some time on DMs, but at that level range, it won't be a valid source of XP for a lot of people.

I for one will cave soon and just collect the parts on a higher toon :S

Not trying to whine here, just to say that this DM doesn't seem balanced.

This daily is imo as well too hard/long for leveling tl3 players. The 3 items also don't have a stellar droprate, so you could end up having to clear the entire dungeon and than some to get the 3 parts, on a level 50 that is one epic grind and that for a mission type that is supposed to be a quick daily boost of xp.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

it's easy enough with a decently equipped toon. only thing that needs adjustment are the drop rates. took me about 40-50 minutes on my keeper iirc.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Doing it with a selfed 60 froob MP. Got to watch out not to agg more then 2. If trouble just need to zone out.

I really don't get it why you do it with a soldier but have belamorte on him. Just kill stuff with the MP and trade the parts. And yeah this daily can IMO only be done with toons that have decent healing ability or HnQ running, something. Pocketing here strikes me as dumb, as I would rather buy the parts then or just loot 'em with a high level alt.

But if one is to compare this daily with the other I've been getting lots, the Longest road-deliver-speed-stim ..... its totally unbalanced. The range should be something like 70-90.
    I cant see how an average shade does this at 60ish. Even Bestshadever brought a highbe with him.

Bottom line - its more of a 70-90 daily then anything else. I was lucky so far that I got at least 1 part outside I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

The point is that the cyborgs in this barracks are around level 70. You can get this mission at level 50. But your Cyborg Costume from the earlier daily mission doesn't work anymore.

I'd move this mission to the elite missions.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

I wouldn't move it to elite, but up the level before you get it. The drop rate is the only issue once you're high enough level to manage the mobs.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

How bout just killing outside mobs at lower levels? Between Borg technicians, recruits and such you dont even need to go inside if you dont want to.

And random drop rates suck, but these are almost bearable.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    I really don't get it why you do it with a soldier but have belamorte on him. Just kill stuff with the MP and trade the parts. And yeah this daily can IMO only be done with toons that have decent healing ability or HnQ running, something. Pocketing here strikes me as dumb, as I would rather buy the parts then or just loot 'em with a high level alt.
    DMs are pretty much all I have time for these days, and I wanted to at least have a semblance of real gameplay. But yeah, I've since cracked and collected the parts with a higher char. Obviously that's not the way DMs are supposed to work, so I hope FC read this thread, should be easy enough to fix.

My su****ion is that they simply don't not have enough other DMs for the level range yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    How bout just killing outside mobs at lower levels? Between Borg technicians, recruits and such you dont even need to go inside if you dont want to.

And random drop rates suck, but these are almost bearable.
    Tried that first, and it took forever. To the point were practically ANY other activity would have given me more XP/time. Maybe I'm unlucky with the drop rates, but I think this mish would still work better at higher level.

It just occurred to me that the devs may want to let new players know about Borgs (to do in teams)... If that's the case, maybe make it an extra mission, like the "I want to contact X.." the agency gives you as an option at the right level range?

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    DMs are pretty much all I have time for these days, and I wanted to at least have a semblance of real gameplay. But yeah, I've since cracked and collected the parts with a higher char. Obviously that's not the way DMs are supposed to work, so I hope FC read this thread, should be easy enough to fix.

My su****ion is that they simply don't not have enough other DMs for the level range yet, though.
    Good point.

Well highbies are doing lots of dailys for lower toons, not just this one.
    I just wonder if the dailys are really that hard or the toons are too gimp to make it.
    I think variety is fine, as the Longest road one is easy and the Barracks one harder. But these two are a bit extreme.
    One is "Oh crap this could take 10 minutes or 1 hour" and the other is "....uhm.... thats it ?"

Well there is one daily type mission suitable for all ranges. Go out an kill X of this Y of that and Z of another.
    How AO is today, even if the mobs are grey/green to your toon, chances are its in a medsuit and teamed with a high level. All the way to 150~..
    Last edited by Metafizis; Dec 17th, 2010 at 11:27:15.
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

I just wonder if the dailys are really that hard or the toons are too gimp to make it.
    You can get this particular daily mission between levels 50 and 75. Your cyborg costume (from earlier daily mission or from the shopping terminal in the mission agency) doesn't work anymore so you'll get aggro by the cyborgs.

The cyborgs are around lvl 70 so I would say that this mission is very hard on toons that are 10-20 levels lower than that. This has nothing to do with gimpness.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    You can get this particular daily mission between levels 50 and 75. Your cyborg costume (from earlier daily mission or from the shopping terminal in the mission agency) doesn't work anymore so you'll get aggro by the cyborgs.

The cyborgs are around lvl 70 so I would say that this mission is very hard on toons that are 10-20 levels lower than that. This has nothing to do with gimpness.
    Well, it sort of does. Another debate is at what levels to gear up the leveling toon. Profession comes into account to.

Another "fun" way to do this is to find someone with this daily and double team it.
    I know, it only looks good on paper.

Another thing that makes this daily a bit easier is the other players doing it. The item is unique but it depends on the player if he will tell you if he let the item he already has to rot or not.

That's my experience at least..
    Last edited by Metafizis; Dec 17th, 2010 at 12:41:25.

Well, it sort of does. Another debate is at what levels to gear up the leveling toon. Profession comes into account to.
    It's still a daily mission, which is supposed to mean good XP per time and effort.

Also, some borgs have huge health bars to gnaw through, even if you're in no danger of dying.

Another "fun" way to do this is to find someone with this daily and double team it.
    I know, it only looks good on paper.

Another thing that makes this daily a bit easier is the other players doing it. The item is unique but it depends on the player if he will tell you if he let the item he already has to rot or not.

That's my experience at least..
    Both good ideas, on paper

I have specifically mentioned this to the lead developer. I havent got a response on it, though Im itching to know WHY on earth a daily would be sendnig leveling low level toons to kill mobs up to 35-40 levels higher. But In MY OWN honest opinion..its ludicrous to send a not even 60 toon out to kill mobs that START at 70 and go to 90. On my trader with a full set of storm carb and pump its impossible, on my 60 agent it IS possible..however only one spot out there offers viablility because pulling more than one mob = death, a long rez and long trip back. Now imagine that same mish on a poor noob with a mish-mash of crappy drop armor and wep.
    Not gonna happen.

And since we're on the subject of broken DM's. "The contingent spy". Bugged. Nearly 3/4s of the time. Kill all mobs. Go into last room. Pop your faction rep. Sit in box. DO NOT MOVE. Dont even touch keyboard, mouse, desk..screw it leave the desk just to make damn sure theres no movement. Then guess what...bugged. Attacked. AGAIN. /slice. Please fix. Cant be too hard. Hopefully. I KNOW im not the only one, thats had to do this mish over and over and over hoping it wont bug. Most of my friends simply delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    And since we're on the subject of broken DM's. "The contingent spy". Bugged. Nearly 3/4s of the time. Kill all mobs. Go into last room. Pop your faction rep. Sit in box. DO NOT MOVE. Dont even touch keyboard, mouse, desk..screw it leave the desk just to make damn sure theres no movement. Then guess what...bugged. Attacked. AGAIN. /slice. Please fix. Cant be too hard. Hopefully. I KNOW im not the only one, thats had to do this mish over and over and over hoping it wont bug. Most of my friends simply delete it.
    Might be more effective to start a new thred for this one, but I tend to agree, I've been attacked for no reason as well.

On the other hand, that mission is grrrreat for the low health mobs. Kill all, or even only a few near the entrance, step outside, come back, rinse and repeat. Oh, and try and actually finish the mish eventually

It's possible that this had a high lvl range before but after they moved the multi-part dailies to the elite mission list this like others got their lvl range adjusted. Although in this case it went lower than it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    Are you using the box just anywhere in the last room?

There are some boxes standing around on the left wall and you'll get a visual confirmation that this might be a good hiding place.

I had this mission very often on two of my low level toons and it worked every time.

Did it again in 20 minutes... everything dropped outside and 1 set was left to rot..

There are 2 borg barracks, one in Tir county where you are trying, the second is in Avalon with lower level mobs.

Ok they could have 2 waypoints depending on your level but its game knowledge that is at fault here

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post

Yeah. I have had pleasure of getting this mish now 2 times in a row with my lvl 51 froob trader. Its just impossible to do, even with buffs. The trader is gimpish, but still its redicilous to even try to solo lvl 70-100 mobs out there. With Behe and decent fixer hot I was able to solo them 1 by 1, but when got agged by 2, I was killed fast. In like 10 kills I got 0 drops, and got killed 4 times taking about 2,5h in total. Its redicilous. Give that mission only to ppl lvl 70+ or delete the whole mish. These missions should be about casual players leveling up. Now it seems that some of these mishes is just another epeen-contest of "I haz twink bezt!". Leave the hard-ones to elite missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast