Thread: new raid

new raid

The new raid in the tenth anniversary looks like it could be cool. Anyone know if it is just because the anniversary or will it be a permanent addition to the game?

Funcom employee

It's just for the birthday celebrations, but we will most likely continue to run it in the future during our birthday periods. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Have preparations been made to reduce the possibility of certain groups hogging the raid & selling loot rights to the items?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Oh i was hoping we would see the gauntlet by then :\
    Much work left on that?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Funcom employee

Not much at all - It'll be coming fairly soon. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    It's just for the birthday celebrations, but we will most likely continue to run it in the future during our birthday periods. =)
    cool. so the loot will be social items?

Will it just be for endgame characters?
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    Will it just be for endgame characters?
    seeing that loot comes within range from 1 to 300, it's safe to assume birthday event is for all levels
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    seeing that loot comes within range from 1 to 300, it's safe to assume birthday event is for all levels
    The loot may be ql 1 to 300, but that does not mean high level toons won't out damage the rest of us and get rights to all the loot for their alts ... even if it is only social items.

Colrain

Yeah, not a huge fan of such encounters, unless they're as common as the UPHs during Halloween.
    Machina - 220|30|63 Engi
    Angelus - 220|30|6X Shade
    Wildgoose - 150|20|42 MA
    Depolarize - 150|18|40 Fixer

What people are referring to is the Desert Rider raid when the Tinkerer gets 5000 items. That is another old DD war with the biggest group of 220 raiders fighting over I think 12 items (6 suit packs of QL 300 nomad armour and 6 of the new yalm nano). Some torches spawn after the rider dies which if you use/right click give you a jet pack. The torches then disappear after just a few minutes and some like to be dicks by sitting on them in pit lizzard morphs or the like. Then the fanatic mobs that are spawned by the boss also have some stuff (another social pet nano and some different coloured things for apartments I think).

What I think would have been more fun is if the torches were larger, there were more of them, they were spread out further then gave out the suit pack, yalm nano and jet pack. Then have the torches last maybe 30 minutes so if you showed up you got something. I've been to different ones that with the crowd limiting functions I couldn't get there as too many were standing around checking fanatic corpses or trying to get loot from the rider. By the time it didn't kick me out of the area the torches were gone. Making it all very frustrating rather than fun.

A possible adjustment to that would be to remove the suit pack and just have more and perhaps higher level nomads spawn around. This way you just have to farm the parts but it's not as hard. So this way the torches give just the jet pack and yalm nano, maybe the social pet nano too so the fanatics just have the coloured things.

They put the jetpack into the item store now. You can buy it for free

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Still doesn't get me my Yalm. And now NO ONE is collecting for the raids. >_<
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

>.> I'm collecting...
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    Collector.

Never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    Still doesn't get me my Yalm. And now NO ONE is collecting for the raids. >_<
    Quite right. Today I saw just one of those raids, in the same time yesterday I'd have seen two or three. Now just imagine what it'll be like tomorrow and so on.

One thing is it's a pain in the ass to collect and hand those items in. If they stacked, there wasn't as many types of items and when you handed in a stack it was recognized as X many of that item, it wouldn't be as bad. That or you found one, right clicked on it and that registered it sort of like VP clumps.

Instead when you're hunting for this or that you need a whole crap load of empty packs as each item takes one slot. Then you hand them in one at a time which is a pain.

As for the jet pack in the item shop. The item shop seems to have been down for a couple hours or so now. Maybe they had more people ordering than the system could handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Click shop button...

Unhandled Exception

An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.
    Birthday still failing.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent