Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.6 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.4.6 Update Release Notes

18.4.6 Update Release Notes

Tenth Anniversary Celebrations!
    • The 10th Anniversary is here! Join the festivities and watch out for the Desert Nomads!
    • Parts of the Anniversary Sauna building are once again available to the brave.

General Changes
    • Battlestations have updated collision and a new faster transportation system for easier access to Control Points.
    • Being killed by an alien should no longer result in the loss of AXP.
    • Duels can no longer be rejected after the duel begins.
    • Redeemed Gilthar should now have the same drop chances as Unredeemed Dalja

Item Changes
    • It will be possible to level Morphing Memory DOWN as well as up depending on what it is possible for your character to equip.
    • Many original new icons have been added to old items.
    • Thongs should no longer have green pixels around them on some character models.
    • Subdued Flow of Novictum is no longer a Unique item.
    • The Holiday Hovering Lantern may now be tradeskilled to wear in your shoulder slot
    • Bracer of Focused Concentration now adds Defense modifier instead of projectile damage modifier for higher QL of the item.
    • Power of the Mind no longer has an equipment delay and will add max health and nano instead of the nano damage modifier that only affects weapons dealing nano damage.
    • Power of the Muscle no longer has an equipment delay and will now buff max health instead of body development like the other AI bracers.
    • Shadowbreed items (ie: Lighter Side etc) should no longer vanish if used when you not meet criteria to upload the Shadowbreed.

Quests & Daily Missions Changes
    • Elite Daily Mission: Mantis Hive II - will now give the full reward after the fourth step...bonus XP can be received by completing the rest of the mission chain and defeating the Mantis Queen.
    • Elite Daily Mission: Hollow Island - will now give a full daily mission reward for killing 9 of the 10 Brood Champions. (previously required all 10.)
    • Scheol Questline - Knowledge of the Yuttos will now give an appropriate level reward to Shades. Players who have already completed this mission can speak with Vanward Four to get the correct level Necklace (level 150).
    • It should no longer be possible to jump and the wrong time and block the removal of the Prototype Formula required for completing a daily mission.
    • Leveling up should no longer cause mission chains to get stuck in Elysium mission lines.
    • Nascence Key quest should now properly be obtainable only once.
    Last edited by Means; Jun 22nd, 2011 at 21:39:08.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Scheol Questline - Knowledge of the Yuttos will now give an appropriate level reward to Shades. Players who have already completed this mission can speak with Vanward Four to get the correct level Necklace (level 150).
    Weird timing for this, as now that Shades can use tokenboards, the Necklace is reduced in usefulness to be a "I-want-more-evades-than-Neo" kind of item.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

and how long is the downtime ?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - Scheol Questline - Knowledge of the Yuttos will now give an appropriate level reward to Shades. Players who have already completed this mission can speak with Vanward Four to get the correct level Necklace (level 150).
    Thank you, but what about keepers???

The Scheol keeper shield rewards have the same QL problem, plus is in a useless location for a 2HE profession. What about changing the shield to QLs similar to the shade necklace change, plus changing it to a left wrist equipment location?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Subdued Flow of Novictum is no longer a Unique item.

yay <3 it
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Thank you, but what about keepers???

The Scheol keeper shield rewards have the same QL problem, plus is in a useless location for a 2HE profession. What about changing the shield to QLs similar to the shade necklace change, plus changing it to a left wrist equipment location?
    Both Keepers and Shades need new weapons to carry them from 70ish until further on down the line - the Sword of the Illuminated is way too expensive (and drops way too rarely), and Shades have almost nothing besides Kyr'Ozch Rapiers.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Don't tell me you're bringing down the servers with 15 mins notice for a patch? i can understand that you do that if there is a mayor problem but for a patch? very strange if that's the case.
    Good fixes in there, but still.
    I felt it was bit strange timing too.
    My first thought was "what s wrong this time, did they miss something yesterday"

But nice to be able to hunt for birthday stuff
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Videos Our Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Stigman View Post

yay <3 it
    gz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

- Being killed by an alien should no longer result in the loss of AXP.
    Wait, I've been out of the loop for months now but does that mean that short of the killed by aliens count on your char info window there's no alien specific penalty for being killed by an alien now? Or has the count been removed too?

It will be possible to level Morphing Memory DOWN as well as up depending on what it is possible for your character to equip.
    Kinda neat, will other click to upgrade items get that too? Or do they have it already now?

Nice.

Shadowbreed items (ie: Lighter Side etc) should no longer vanish if used when you not meet criteria to upload the Shadowbreed.
    Last I checked those were broken so that you could go to shadowbreed level 3 at the same level shadowbreed level 1 became possible. Has that been corrected yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Wait, I've been out of the loop for months now but does that mean that short of the killed by aliens count on your char info window there's no alien specific penalty for being killed by an alien now? Or has the count been removed too?
    I'm assuming you just don't lose the 5k AXP now.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigman View Post
    I'm assuming you just don't lose the 5k AXP now.
    I get that but before you'd lose AXP and the death to alien count would go up. So now is there any new penalty to getting killed by an alien, is the kill count gone too or what? It kinda made sense to me that we had some extra penalty but would have preferred an AXP pool just as we have an XP/SK pool. Or are XP/SK loss on death penalties gone now too?

On a side note it wasn't always 5k AXP, that was just the max if I remember correctly.

Once you got into the higher Shadowlevels and dallied around in Arid Rift, a 5k AIXP penalty meant absolutely nothing.

Wewt for 10 years

I have to say that ... some1 was drunk .. like .. real drunk .. when he designed the new Igocs and bracers and motr ( i personnaly hate it )

Jeebus!!!

You guys changed lead viralbots icons! Almost cr@pped myself when checking the shop!

@FC: you guys owe some black hair dye now!!!

Funcom,i think the new Battlestation system is not true
    Last edited by Neocortess; Jun 22nd, 2011 at 20:22:36.

LoL @ Battlestation changes ... worst thing u've ever done, bring back old ones as fast as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Tushulica View Post
    I have to say that ... some1 was drunk .. like .. real drunk .. when he designed the new Igocs and bracers and motr ( i personnaly hate it )
    Yeah. Since the change to the pearls last year, they no longer look like pearls... they look more like a cracked veneer of marble or granite.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 01:25:33.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Redeemed Gilthar should now have the same drop chances as Unredeemed Dalja
    You know I petitioned this one about 6 times last year, and even talked to 2 or 3 GMs on the issue.

I'm still glad it's finally arrived, but we do need to work on the reaction time to these kinds of problems.

I'm off to kill a few, I hope Gilthar's ring now drops!
    MA-Glassgoat 220/30/70 - pvm-ish//pvp-ish
    Doc- Dimedoc - 220/30/60ish
    Agent-Ipressoudie 170/19/42 - equipment
    Fixer-Blehmeh 207/30/64ish
    MP-Dougmp 118/13/?? - Work in Progress
    Enf - Cashewsftw 76/8/?? - Work in Progess
    MA - Gravyma 60/6/14 - equipment
    Agent-Portly 30/3 - equipment
    General of Ring of Destruction

Unity's MA Skill Calculator

Parts of the Anniversary Sauna building are once again available to the brave.
    just did Vortexx run (and had to try VERY hard to even get a team together with desert rider stuff now, and guess what....

NO peridotite drop???? i thought it was available again

edit: 2nd kill, again no drop...
    Last edited by playboyfixer; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 12:21:59. Reason: update
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast