Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 29th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Wooooot! Great job! That's awesome.

Also, it's nice to know that you guys don't think slapping AS on every weapon is a good fix and are looking at that as a more temporary thing. Keep up the great work as always!
    They don't think it's a good fix, but still, they made it like that.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    NOTE
    Slapping an AS weapon on everyone is not the current team's idea of balance...
    Then why are you guys doing just that?
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Prynxkjui View Post
    Seconded.

Funcom employee

Addition and code support of new attractors for character models. (For boots, belts, thighs, calves (calfs?)
    The proper term, or at least the one that your models will have to use, is Crus. Hehehe...

Oh god, Enno remembered his forums password!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

127th
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    127th
    If we go with convention you were 126th, because Means was 0th

*takes shiney H off forehead* ... Ah sorry, dunno where that came from >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    The proper term, or at least the one that your models will have to use, is Crus. Hehehe...
    Cool, so the leg armour slot will be made of like 3 or more bits? The texture for the basic leg meshes we have now + an extra plate (or something ?) sat on/covering your crus & thighs? ... or covering the whole lot?

What about little kneecaps protectors? ...Will male Opi, Soli & Nanos get a cup too? Maybe some novelty protector for the atrox's cabbage (our org calls the atrox "bulge" a cabbage... ah, best not to ask!)

Wtb doodle on a napkin, or failing that a screenie pls.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post
    our org calls the atrox "bulge" a cabbage... ah, best not to ask!
    Go talk to the trox running the little outside market by the Newland Desert whom-pahs and he'll tell you the trox bulge are cabage leaves stuffed down their pants.

I belive attractors on meshes are basicly bones sticking out of the mesh to put stuff on, like, you can make hair out of attractors that blow in the wind and stuff..

Alltho I seriously doubt that will be there function in this case, probably more like a doodad glued on the mesh, like a watch, or a knife, whatever the case may be... I just hope we get the same basic models polished, and not some new under-developed morphy mesh for character models (morphy mesh = what they use in conan, and it looks cartoony and.. not very well done..)

Oh.. Also... the soli/NM skinny mesh has bone deformation with lacking heels on the boots.. fix pls!

Is this opposed to AoC which uses Mamma? or possibly mazophilia.

At least we know where the dev team do their research

p.s. Links are semi-NSFW, depending on the strictures of your society. Then again, that link above directly links to a couple of crus that probably won't make the anatomy of characters, even in the Dreamworld engine
    Last edited by Kaitlain; Jun 4th, 2009 at 14:52:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Prynxkjui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Seconded.

Balancing Efforts
    Keep in mind some of these changes ARE temporary while we work out the larger issues of retooling all specials and healing. A temporary fix means that the most affected professions can perform adequately while we make more significant changes without having to wait until we are done to be effective. Slapping an AS weapon on everyone is not the current team's idea of balance...big changes are necessary. We know and we are working on it.
    He ****ing explained it right in the same paragraph that you quoted. Selective reading much?

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post
    Cool, so the leg armour slot will be made of like 3 or more bits? The texture for the basic leg meshes we have now + an extra plate (or something ?) sat on/covering your crus & thighs? ... or covering the whole lot?
    Actually, the paperdoll slots have no direct relation to the attractors -- which, as someone else pointed out, are basically bones that are glues onto the skeleton but are neither animated nor affect skinning, and have names that can be used to stick objects onto. Any paperdoll slot can contain an item that can set one or more meshes on attractors, so you could make pants of awesomeness that change all four of the leg-attractors and the belt in one go, or whatever you might think of.

Actually, the paperdoll slots have no direct relation to the attractors -- which, as someone else pointed out, are basically bones that are glues onto the skeleton but are neither animated nor affect skinning, and have names that can be used to stick objects onto. Any paperdoll slot can contain an item that can set one or more meshes on attractors, so you could make pants of awesomeness that change all four of the leg-attractors and the belt in one go, or whatever you might think of.
    Thus allowing a single mesh to fit a short fat atrox as well as a skinny tall opisex.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Thus allowing a single mesh to fit a short fat atrox as well as a skinny tall opisex.
    No, that's actually something else - we create different versions of the mesh, and the item you equip will decide which one of them it should show based on your breed/sex. What I was talking about was that you can show more than one mesh for each item you equip, on any combination of attractors you like. So for example, an entire knight armor could go in the back slot, but put little mesh bits all over your body.

And of course, one of them could have boobies or not depending on your sexiness.

And of course, one of them could have boobies or not depending on your sexiness.
    I knew there was a reason I'm still playing this game after 5 or 6 years! Bring on the sexy boobs!

I predict the new engine will see a revival of mindless jumping in circles. You know, even more than happens now.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    He ****ing explained it right in the same paragraph that you quoted. Selective reading much?
    I can't wait to see you and ihavehugeduck having a whinage stroke, when they remove that "temp fix".
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Aaaah I get it, very cool!

What happens if there's a conflict? E.g. those pants of awesomeness put something on the waist/belt attractor & my ncu deck has something else for the same place? Can I choose which to show or do I just get both?

Taking that one step further, what about your arms? Is there scope for choice to display different armour on each arm?

As a 2HB user, my hammer is carried in the right hand & in combat my left is generally closer to my fighting target. It'd be logical if the left appeared much more armoured than the right, which might only burdened with say a tattoo to aid swinging the hammer... Is this kind of thing possible?
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Oh right.. I get it..

If you put a Cloak in the back slot, you can choose to show only the chest for that cloak, and have CC pants showing, and CC sleeves...
    or.. A tank armor adding another piece of mesh around your waist, like a addition of that armor.. or something :P

I could be mistaken. :P
    Last edited by Shinebox; Jun 5th, 2009 at 00:35:55.

No, that's actually something else - we create different versions of the mesh, and the item you equip will decide which one of them it should show based on your breed/sex. What I was talking about was that you can show more than one mesh for each item you equip, on any combination of attractors you like. So for example, an entire knight armor could go in the back slot, but put little mesh bits all over your body.
    So you could make a weapon for the rhand slot that looks like you have a burning cigar in your mouth, and then the attack is blowing smoke at someone? (or click to use and you blow a smoke ring)
    Last edited by Keldros; Jun 5th, 2009 at 00:46:11.

What I was talking about was that you can show more than one mesh for each item you equip, on any combination of attractors you like. So for example, an entire knight armor could go in the back slot, but put little mesh bits all over your body.

Awesome so keepers are getting their shields finally..

And nice to hear about the coming of bouncing boobies..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast