Thread: Agg after the Patch

Agg after the Patch

Was just doing Tigs with an alt and the agg on those mobs is now insane. It was always harsh but they are chain agging across the zone now. I think an unintended consequence of the modified perception check is chain agging tigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Doing an LE mish with 220 mp/220 agent dual logged, got one of the LE-specific aliens (with the HUUUUUUUGE life bars) to about 2 blobs left (out of 25+) with just the MP (rihwen), agent was sitting in another room. Came in on agent and hit just fling shot (not AS) and immediately got aggro.

Working as intended?

got same random agro on totw mobs .. found it kinda weird

maybe this is why the mobs came running from all over the sone in Pande yesterday evening....
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

I found that mobs are more persistent since 18.3.5 than they used to be. In Dark Ruins for instance if I ran straight out of the ruins area with a group of Spirit Goddess adds after me before unless I let them stay close enough that they could grab my ass they'd turn around and head back to the Goddess. Now I can charge straight out as fast as I can leaving them well behind and along they all come soon after. If they loose agg they also don't go charging back past the Goddess and into one of the back rooms. They don't even go past the Goddess at all anymore. So agg and such certainly has changed some.

The Mobs lag.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

I thought this was just me! Although my example is a little different. I noticed it in Inf as I was doing one of the tour/spirit quests after the patch. It took me forever to lose agg by running away from a mob or set of mobs. I could basically run almost all the way across the zone, even leaving the mobs out of sight for ages, and still have them pop up after me. The mobs definitely seem to be more dogged in their pursuit than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

FC, replace the pet pathing code with mob pathing code, cause as it is right now, mobs apparently work way better at keeping up with players than pets do!

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    I thought this was just me! Although my example is a little different. I noticed it in Inf as I was doing one of the tour/spirit quests after the patch. It took me forever to lose agg by running away from a mob or set of mobs. I could basically run almost all the way across the zone, even leaving the mobs out of sight for ages, and still have them pop up after me. The mobs definitely seem to be more dogged in their pursuit than before.
    yeah,in inf they even follow you all the way to the top,even with 2k runspeed.It's definitely changed.

Regarding mobs being more persistent maybe it was changed due to one of the daily missions. Like the rollerrat one in the instanced city zone for instance.

Hmm, a while ago a patch suddenly caused mobs to lose agg way too easily, which was really irritating! Maybe they just reversed this? Or maybe they 'reversed' it a bit too strongly . Anyway, I don't mind mobs being able to hold agg; you don't stop chasing somebody because they run behind a tree... Although, if mobs agg you from huge distances, that would indeed be a problem.

Oh and maybe losing your pets has everything to do with the behavior of mobs agg; they just noticed that really sexy leet at the other side of the zone and decided to agg it .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Bring on the trains! CHOO CHOO

im pretty sure last patch didnt change anything regarding mobs agg. its been like that since i started playing.
    atleast i havent been able to nuke with my crat at all when soloing mobs.. pets keeps losing aggro even when i just sit on ground and let my heal delta do the magic.
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Jun 7th, 2010 at 05:12:15.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    im pretty sure last patch didnt change anything regarding mobs agg. its been like that since i started playing.
    atleast i havent been able to nuke with my crat at all when soloing mobs.. pets keeps losing aggro even when i just sit on ground and let my heal delta do the magic.
    That's normal, pets have always had bad aggro. And you actually get more aggro by sitting there doing nothing.

Had a similar experience last night. Did first pande run with org team since BoC was supposedly put back into Beast's loot table. Mobs got pulled from all over the zones for no apparent reason at all.

One particularly bad patch was on Pandemonium Subjugator island. Popped on the island with team, mongoed the first couple of mobs around the teleporter and every mob came running allllllll the way from Pandemonium Subjugator, on the far side of the zone. We all thought agg was exceptionally borked last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Had a similar experience last night. Did first pande run with org team since BoC was supposedly put back into Beast's loot table. Mobs got pulled from all over the zones for no apparent reason at all.

One particularly bad patch was on Pandemonium Subjugator island. Popped on the island with team, mongoed the first couple of mobs around the teleporter and every mob came running allllllll the way from Pandemonium Subjugator, on the far side of the zone. We all thought agg was exceptionally borked last night.
    can confirm this and add that we did it again last night and it was the same. throughout both raids there were moments were mobs who were no where near our group would suddenly come training from off around corners, or down stair etc etc etc. it was a little better tonight, but the agg was still all literally all over the map...

Was in BS and all of a sudden lots of omni NTs aggroed from all over the zone and nuked me!!!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Soldiers have a single taunt that works on multiple targets. :P
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Something is extremely wrong with aggro in Elysium, at least. I walk over one of the kite hill bridges, a couple of the hecks agg below, no worries. I hang around the area, see an OST under the bridge pulling some hecklers, and then suddenly a group of 7 or 8 hecklers break off and run towards me, from the lake below the playfield, almost climbing over the side of the hill near the West Elysium portal.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I've noticed weird Aggression from many different areas, RK and SL. They Agg' from long distances and stay Agg'd longer.

One instance was killing the Hellion Imps in EFP, after spawning the 4 Imps, I went to the wrong Imp at first and Agg'd it then ran to the one further East to kill first since we like to do it in a certain order, a minute or so later the other Imp comes running up to us still Agg'd from a long distance. Never seen a Mob stay this Agg'd from such a distance and time.
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•