Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DOJA Chips

I dont like those locks. It works wrong. Ive seen vl 50+ guys killstealing noobs inside cripler cave on lvl 20 mobs just to get a chip. Most of the people dont know where exactly they can find lowest level possible mobs to get one of those chips so they choose spots they know - leveling spots. It leads to inevitable killstealing.

Instead of those playfield locks, DOJA chips should drop in qls 1-300 based on mobs lvl and you should be able to upload a mission only if chips ql is withing your pvp range or higher (from green or mobs).
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

With Dark Ruins DOJA chips the mission to turn the chip in gives you a mission location as to where to go. The new ones they added don't, be nice if they did for those that don't know where she's at.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    With Dark Ruins DOJA chips the mission to turn the chip in gives you a mission location as to where to go. The new ones they added don't, be nice if they did for those that don't know where she's at.
    I think this could be classified as a "daily mission official bug". I'll quote you there so that the post might have a larger audience. I had to check AO universe for where to drop off the chips. Thank you.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Today The Doja Chips In Inferno don't seem to be dropping. i Usually find one with in 20 mins but i have killed over 100+ mobs and Nothing these mobs are all green to a 220. Anybody find any chips today?
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

Found mine today, as did an org mate.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    Today The Doja Chips In Inferno don't seem to be dropping. i Usually find one with in 20 mins but i have killed over 100+ mobs and Nothing these mobs are all green to a 220. Anybody find any chips today?
    Hello random luck. One time I got one in six kills. Another time I did as you did, killed some 100+ and didn't get one. Why is it that people often think even without a new patch it was some change FC made and not bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Found mine today, as did an org mate.
    Might mention said orgmate was getting pissy because she was out over an hour (the day before over 2 hours straight), before 1 dropped the last 3 days.
    Calida Solitus Pistol Adventurer - 220/30/70 RK2 - General & Recruitment Director of -= Power Overwhelming =-
    Means: The leets do my secret evil bidding. Sort of the Oompa-Loompas of Anarchy Online.
    Means: Oh come on...that felt "phoned in". Was that written by some guy in India you pay to troll for you?
    Means: The US office assures me that this person will be beaten soundly, denied rations, and not let of their cage for exercise period this week....and worst of all will be forced to continue working for us for the forseeable future.
    Venachar: Where's the 'Close Thread' button......Wait. There it is.
    Mostadio: Noobs should wander through a forest in the dark going "WTF dood I cannot see! amg I hear rollerrat runz!!"
    Kintaii: A pirate walks into a bar. There's a wheel attached to his crotch. yadda yadda arrr its drivin' me nuts yarr yarr

Quote Originally Posted by Katrae View Post
    Might mention said orgmate was getting pissy because she was out over an hour (the day before over 2 hours straight), before 1 dropped the last 3 days.
    Only took me ~20min. You're just unlucky
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    I found one, after 40 minutes. Usually takes 20.
    Took 15 mins to get the next one after that though.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The droprate for Albtraum and Alappa sucks

Cleared entire Alb playfield and found only 3.

Cleared entire Alappa twice and found only 1.

In a team playfield they should drop enough for at least the whole team to get one. Dark ruins seemed to get it right.
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

IMO it should be possible to find one in 15 minutes, 20 minutes at most, to be worth bothering. A droprate of around 10% would be good. I've killed 100+ outdoor mobs total so far without a single chip, so I'm not going to bother with purposefully looking one until the droprate is increased. "Daily" mission indeed.

On average it's taking 15 mins, you can save a chip for the next day, it gives more SK than a hard mish reward, and it gives tokens too.
    WTB WTS

“The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren’t only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way….”

Well, perhaps I haven't hunted enough mobs for my results to have any kind of statistical significance, but the initial experience is certainly discouraging me from even trying. There should be some way to reliably get a chip in a sensible time. With the agency missions it's okay if some of them take longer, as there's a clear goal and I can see I'm making progress. The chips current suffer from the same problem as any low-droprate items: after spending an hour hunting for one without success, I'm no closer to getting one as I was to begin with. I might get one from the next mob I kill, or I might have to spend another hour hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Well, perhaps I haven't hunted enough mobs for my results to have any kind of statistical significance, but the initial experience is certainly discouraging me from even trying. There should be some way to reliably get a chip in a sensible time. With the agency missions it's okay if some of them take longer, as there's a clear goal and I can see I'm making progress. The chips current suffer from the same problem as any low-droprate items: after spending an hour hunting for one without success, I'm no closer to getting one as I was to begin with. I might get one from the next mob I kill, or I might have to spend another hour hunting.
    Then again this is an activity you can combine with other aspects such as pattern farming or dyna boss killing. In my opinion the chips shouldn't be "kill mobs for 30 minutes and get your chip", but rather a non-guaranteed bonus.

People have been crying for an incentive to kill regular/trash mobs for ages, now there is one besides the possible pearls.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Then again this is an activity you can combine with other aspects such as pattern farming or dyna boss killing. In my opinion the chips shouldn't be "kill mobs for 30 minutes and get your chip", but rather a non-guaranteed bonus.

People have been crying for an incentive to kill regular/trash mobs for ages, now there is one besides the possible pearls.
    I'm not sure if anything can drop them aside from the regular/trash mobs. From what I've seen and heard those that can drop patterns, sided, hecks, those in dungeons, those in missions and such mobs don't drop them, just the plain filler outside or related instance mobs and then maybe only select ones of those. Could be wrong but as far as I know that appears to be the case.

Random luck is a pain though. One time it takes you about five kills and the next you're doing 100+ with no luck. In that time you could have done more productive stuff to get just as much XP or some other thing not related to XP, on another char and so on. I don't like relying on random luck, it's why some people don't like procs, it's all luck if it fires. I'd rather push my way through a task than hope and pray I get lucky.

If it was a mission where you go to kill X of mob type Y in zone Z that would be more desirable. With many types of mobs in zones there'd be a number of them for the mission generator to choose from and it could select them and how many to kill for the people pulling the mission in a cycle, based on their prof (if alone), based on if they are in a team and based on their level. To be nice about it a waypoint could even be included or have it send them to a special instance to make it a true solo/team task.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    I'm not sure if anything can drop them aside from the regular/trash mobs. From what I've seen and heard those that can drop patterns, sided, hecks, those in dungeons, those in missions and such mobs don't drop them, just the plain filler outside or related instance mobs and then maybe only select ones of those. Could be wrong but as far as I know that appears to be the case.

Random luck is a pain though. One time it takes you about five kills and the next you're doing 100+ with no luck. In that time you could have done more productive stuff to get just as much XP or some other thing not related to XP, on another char and so on. I don't like relying on random luck, it's why some people don't like procs, it's all luck if it fires. I'd rather push my way through a task than hope and pray I get lucky.

If it was a mission where you go to kill X of mob type Y in zone Z that would be more desirable. With many types of mobs in zones there'd be a number of them for the mission generator to choose from and it could select them and how many to kill for the people pulling the mission in a cycle, based on their prof (if alone), based on if they are in a team and based on their level. To be nice about it a waypoint could even be included or have it send them to a special instance to make it a true solo/team task.
    Several quest-related mobs drop them at least in Scheol and Adonis.

More instanced areas does not really promote outdoor hunting at all. The chips currently do, even if some lame people log their 220s to kill everything and loot the chip on their alt - this is the power-gamer mentality that is prevalent. Currently the chips are a great incentive for those who have little interest in max XP/SK per hour, and there are several.

If there was a mission to go out and kill 30 mobs of type X, xp-hungry people would most likely go and grind out their chip, with outside help if possible, then revert to the usual heck bashing. Is this preferable?

It's a MMORPG. Random luck of the drop is part of it. I've never looted a Longsword of the Illuminated either even though I've killed the mob loads of times. The same applies to the chips, though the drop rates are far friendlier.
    Ranged roxxorz!

Sounds to me like people are all over the Shadowlands to hunt for these chips.

I'd say they are working as intended.

I was lucky and got one within 15 minutes once off a Somphos. Another time I found one off the 4th Hisii in an iPande. However, apart from those two occurrences I've spent countless hours over several days murdering every mob I can get my Hatreds on all over Inferno - including a good couple of hours at the Drop Off - and found precisely 0 (zero). An entire alba playfield cleared too, for none. And half an alappaa before I got fed up and called it quits.

My luck blows and it's very discouraging. I haven't even found anything worth looting from these mobs, and the SK is absolutely paltry. I can slowly solo kill an inferno easy mission for a team of lowbies and get more loot/SK/satisfaction out of the time investment...
    Last edited by Ophiuchus; May 17th, 2010 at 16:29:33.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

It's a bonus, not a substitute for traditional leveling. And hint hint, it drops often from one of the gimpiest mobs in Inf.
    WTB WTS

“The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren’t only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way….”

Several quest-related mobs drop them at least in Scheol and Adonis.
    In some areas what they can drop from can work reasonably well. Although in other cases rather than bashing on mobs we aren't even sure can drop chips we could be in a dungeon or doing something else where we can't get chips but getting much better returns per mob. If we got a clear message like "yes, every outside and dungeon mob (short of hecks) in each SL zone can drop these chips" and it were true, that would help. Although so far that doesn't seem to be the case. As a result we could be killing many mobs for a long time each day that have zero chance of giving us a chip but we can't be sure of that as for all we know it could just be the low drop rate at work.

Another matter is the respawn rate of outside mobs, it can be painfully slow. In Inf for instance at least those dryad like mobs drop them. With an only so-so 20X trader I can on my own completely clear areas they spawn of those mobs with nothing respawning while I'm there or respawning quite slowly. That's when I'm alone, add more hunting them and it'd be even worse. Dealt with the same when hunting various mobs on my own in other zones with different chars over the years. Add more people and it'd be the same problem again making trying to get the chips even more frustrating.

More instanced areas does not really promote outdoor hunting at all.
    No, but it does ensure people do it on their own with the char in question rather than getting some 220 to do the killing as they do in some cases already when hunting chips for alts if they should bother at all.

If there was a mission to go out and kill 30 mobs of type X, xp-hungry people would most likely go and grind out their chip, with outside help if possible, then revert to the usual heck bashing. Is this preferable?
    Many people have already seemingly reverted to heck bashing and the like skipping the chip hunt so yes, it would be preferable. It's a matter of killing these mobs we can't even be sure drops the chips which even if they can only may give you a chip but it could take hours to get one. On the other hand you could be killing hecks or the like where each kill gives you many times more XP per kill than the other mobs. If you're after XP in a hurry the choice is easy enough to make as hecks are the sure thing.

Also these things were stated to be things we could do in decent time each day to get a nice reward and then only in addition to our other leveling efforts. So get a chip, do a daily then go back to your usual method. Not spend hours trying to get a chip, fail, get discouraged, say "to hell with this!" and either not bother with chips anymore or worse.

It's a MMORPG. Random luck of the drop is part of it. I've never looted a Longsword of the Illuminated either even though I've killed the mob loads of times. The same applies to the chips, though the drop rates are far friendlier.
    Anything to an excess is bad. Too much reliance on dumb luck to get us to keep doing the task when they could apply other methods doesn't really make us want to keep doing the task. They need us to want to play if they expect people to keep playing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast