Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: List of Special Edition Kyr Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblades View Post
    Really crap weapons. The 1200 MBS only makes them useful from around 150-160, and not very useful for twinks at all. Given that the majority of non-twinks in the 151-200 lvl range spend most of their time on /follow in inf mishes or sitting on a certain hill in ely, I doubt these weapons will get much use.
    The Tonfa's will be great for my 150 MA.

The MBS is fine I think, it lets us get away with weapons that may be easy to get; easy to equip and just go and do decently with without the need of AI armour or what not to get high QL Ofab/Dread/etc without ODing those people who did have the ability to twink on a weapon with higher requirements.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    What exactly stops you from using ofab hawk / KMP in pvm?
    A lot less SMG means a lower ql SMG weapon than pistol. A 175 hawk 3 would be the highest equippable, would have better burst recharge, but you also lose fling shot, it is not an option. A KMP is still 4000 burst recycle which is the same as peregrine so absolutely pointless. Trust me, I looked into every option with burst in the entire auno database.

1200 burst recycle on the SE KMP is very very nice, why not let a pistol user have it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Not for a new player, or a marginaly used one for that matter.
    New players had options, I want a pistol for devoted ranged users for the past 3 years now.

Great imitative from FC, now new players have acces to both decent armor and weapons in the 150-200 range.. And also in the 1-15range. Something like this in the 50-100 range and AO will have gone a long way in becoming more friendly to new players while old timers still have access to better gear.. Full of win..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

==========
    Special Edition Kyr'Ozch Energy Hammer
    NODROP
    Quality level: SPECIAL
    Requirements:
    Wield:

Melee Ener. from 700
    Sneak Atck from 350
    Fast Attack from 350
    Dimach from 150
    Enforcer or Keeper or Shade

Damage: 200-234(333)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.30s
    Recharge 1.00s
    ==========

1) Why Shades and not MP's?

2) Why Sneak Attack? Since when did anyone waving hammers sneak attack anything?

3) Why profession lock a weapon like that at all? The number of players who will equip a melee energy weapon will be small, in any circumstance. Why not open things up for the weapons that don't fall into the 'cookie-cutter' mold? Docs, Crats, etc might consider this option now and then if it is available.
    Same comment for energy pistols, btw.

EDIT:

I really do hope this trend towards easy-req, profession-locked weapons isn't the result of peeking over the fence at some other MMO's or watching some frustrated newbies on the island get off on the wrong foot by picking a weapon they have little aptitude for. It's the responsibility of the New User Intro/training to educate newbies on what weapons they are good at, and why; and then leave them run free to choose their own weapons and playstyle. Currently the game hands them a suitable weapon type but no more. Lots of newbies see another cool-looking weapon someone else is wielding on the island and go get that. A bit more education up front, and they will be able to make an -informed- decision in such matters, but such choices should still be theirs to make.
    An aside, I seem to recall that AO's very first Fixer Professional was primarily a shotgun user...

As for looking at other MMO's and trying to copy aspects in the hope of increasing playerbase and making the game easier, I simply refer you to this little article by Sanya Weathers:

http://metaversemodsquad.wordpress.c...-own-audience/

It's aimed at the marketing people (make sure Erling sees it) but much of what she says can apply to Devs looking to tweak their game.
    Last edited by Dagget; Oct 11th, 2010 at 13:42:57. Reason: Editorial comments added
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I'm liking the way that the Energy Pistol is equipable by Traders :-). Get lowbie traders used to using FSS + Ranged energy burst weapon, as this is effectively a low level equivalent to the DRapier / FSS combo.

I'm puzzled by the absurdly low requirements on the shotgun ... that isn't even better than an S3 (as someone pointed out above, the Salabim Shotgun Supremo is equipable at 150 easily ...). Seems like an odd addition, although maybe its aimed at doctors more than anyone else?
    "Many hamsters died to bring you this post.

The servers are up and running." - Pharamond

Quote Originally Posted by Radia View Post
    I'm puzzled by the absurdly low requirements on the shotgun ... that isn't even better than an S3 (as someone pointed out above, the Salabim Shotgun Supremo is equipable at 150 easily ...). Seems like an odd addition, although maybe its aimed at doctors more than anyone else?
    Actually.... it isn't a terrible option for Engineers, as they can use Leg Shot/Easy Shot at 160+. That in a crit setup + pets could be kinda good.... but it's definitely underwhelming for Traders.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    WTB Tonfa opened for engies and 1hb opened for docs, for starters.
    Good point. I didn't realize the 1hb wasn't open for Docs, which is strange since FC added 1hb to the Doc stellar deck.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

That ME weapon would make using ME throughout the career of a support prof a viable option, too bad it's prof locked to three professions who don't really use ME.

Same goes for most of the other weapons, raise the requirements and remove prof locks please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulzie View Post
    That ME weapon would make using ME throughout the career of a support prof a viable option, too bad it's prof locked to three professions who don't really use ME.

Same goes for most of the other weapons, raise the requirements and remove prof locks please.

Keepers will find melee energy to be a viable option after rebalancing.
    Corinthians - 220 Nano Technician
    Pickygirl - 220 Engineer
    Pink - 220 Fixer
    Israel - 220 Keeper
    Israeli - 220 Shade
    Amenadiel - 165 Soldier
    Maitrize - 173 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians
    {Etaks: Do not post this again.}

Found one of the MA weapons but only one so far. Here's an example of my damage.

Fist damage
    You hit Ensign - Xoch'Sinuh for 5445 points of fire damage.Critical hit!

Same mob with one weapon equipped mid fight
    You hit Ensign - Xoch'Sinuh for 2625 points of fire damage.Critical hit!
    You hit Ensign - Xoch'Sinuh for 4925 points of fire damage.Critical hit!

It may not be bad with two and the fast attack special is nice. With one I think I'll stick with fists.

Remove prof locks
    MBS to 1800
    work on reqs and damage
    profit
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Going from 30 hits/min with one weapon to 20/20 with two, you would be breaking even if the offhand does half the mainhand's damage, you would be winning procs ofc, from that perspective using one of them with your current setup is a small bonus at no cost.
    I am unsure if tripplewield would be good.
    Not entirely sure why your fist damage dropped by 500 points, did the fire ac debuff run out?
    Anyway as long as the drop in fist damage was not a result of equipping the tonfa you're good, right?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Going from 30 hits/min with one weapon to 20/20 with two, you would be breaking even if the offhand does half the mainhand's damage, you would be winning procs ofc, from that perspective using one of them with your current setup is a small bonus at no cost.
    I am unsure if tripplewield would be good.
    Not entirely sure why your fist damage dropped by 500 points, did the fire ac debuff run out?
    Anyway as long as the drop in fist damage was not a result of equipping the tonfa you're good, right?
    The damage was lower no doubt due to the max usable skill of the weapon (1.2k) being well below my actual skill level (1.65k). Then on live I've twinked the char some more giving it even more MA skill (among other things) and there's a short perk for another 200 MA skill (no, that was not running at that time). With fists alone that short perk will help me, with the weapons it won't or at least not as much. On live I now have just shy of 2k AR and almost 1.8k MA skill, 2k MA skill and 2.2k AR with that perk up. If it limits the usable skill and AR vs the def check of the target that also means less crits, which means less damage.

I'm using the crit and damage perks which act as buffs, not single hit effects. When fighting steady they are almost always up as it is so more hits to get them to fire more often won't mean much to me. The weapon has no procs of its own and the buffs on the weapons were also removed.

Furthermore the weapon is slower than my fists. So to match the attack speed of my fists I'd have to go more towards agg than def. That'd be fine against stuff that poses no real threat, not stuff that does though. So a slower attack rate means less damage.

The weapons are all being changed now. So we'll have to see what the new versions of the weapons are like. Maybe they will be more useful to higher lvl chars, will come in multiple QLs or provide some way to improve the QL. As it stands though with such a low max usable skill value the usefulness of the weapons for chars in the upper end of the S7 lvl range won't be all that high.

Almost entirely sure these weapons are made for people that are leveling.

If not meant to be, they seem worth it for some 180 taking a new character to 220, especially if they're not amazingly funded.

There won't be a reason for any 170 adventurer with a Scimitar of Spetses and Kyr'Ozch axe to switch.

BTW, can someone post screenies of new weapons? Or they just look like the old ones?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    BTW, can someone post screenies of new weapons? Or they just look like the old ones?
    They look like the old ones
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Citymusic08 - 220/30/70 - Fixed!!!
    Alts
    Citytank Enfo 220/21 2hb love please!
    Drtrey Doc 220/17
    Citycrat Crat 202/20
    Treyeb04 Enfo 60/6 2hb here too lol
    Dealornodeal Trader 25/3 Subway Trader
    Saxobul3 Agent 150/18
    Citykeeper Keeper 200/19 BS/S7 Twink

Quote Originally Posted by saxobul3 View Post
    They look like the old ones
    D'oh! Fail.

Edit:
    Actually, when I think a little about it, maybe it's better like that.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Funcom employee

Genele is working on some textures for the weapons as sort of a side-project thing; they may not be in with the initial release, but odds are they'll be updated with the new looks Soon™.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I like the look Inamorata Tonfa if that's the mesh used for the Kyr one.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

It was changed from Tonfa to Nunchacko with 18.3.14.1. Icon is a green-instead-of-blue Dreadloch Shen Stick-like.
    blah

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast