Thread: If you build it they will come!(about suppression zones)

Red face If you build it they will come!(about suppression zones)

Well i was all set to start hosting a fun game of "capture the flag" in my org.

The concept:
    was simple the org splits into two teams each team having an outpost and a stagnet player as a "flag". The goal: to get to and kill the other teams "flag" while guarding your own. Great fun and a great way to practice pvp and stragety internaly for when were out there millitary affairs against those ruthless omni scum

My excitement:
    High

The letdown:
    Retardly built suppression zones

The problem:
    The only open place for clan vs clans is in 0% suppression zones. The only 0% zones on the whole planet are in artery valleys. I combed every last inch of that area for a nice little mob free area to hold the event (perferably with some props and buildings) and what i found pissed me off royally (not to mention smashed all my dreams and hopes) .. no such place exsists. I was dumbfounded. Every inch in that whole area is covered in lvl100+ mobs. So i say to Funcom .. If you build it ...they will come.

How many times have you been out crusing arround new territory and run across a cool looking place with buildings and interesting settings in the middle of nowhere and go in to explore only to find that is serves absolutly no use what so ever? I dont understand ... why bother putting it there in the first place then? If you want to make a world thriving with RPing then give us places to RP. Wine is an awesome place with its 0% buildings but outside is 75% ... borring. The few 0% bars are cool ill give you that. There are some cool 25% zones ... but sometimes its not always easy to organize stuff with other orgs.

My advice:
    Build it .. so i can come. Give me a town in the middle of nowhere under 0% supression with 0% buildings. Give me large mob free indoors places with no supression too. Make more bars and clubs in high traffic areas 25% and 0%. A rentable dungen that only ppl you set can enter would work as well. Those far out in the middle of nowhere places that look cool do nothing..... make them worth something, put a shop with rare items or cheap prices. Mission terms with awesome missions. Make me feel as tho i actually found something cool for once ... instead of constant disapointment and letdown. Make those hella tough dungen areas like camelot and deep artery worth their hassel in exp with tough ass end bosses that drop cool loot. (ok maybe camping issues there but still... well ****e in DAV its 0% anyway so we could always wipe out the competition )

Am I asking to much here?
    Last edited by Tinkertrish; Jul 29th, 2002 at 15:50:58.

"My advice:
    Build it .. so i can come. Give me a town in the middle of nowhere under 0% supression with 0% buildings. Give me large mob free indoors places with no supression too. Make more bars and clubs in high traffic areas 25% and 0%. A rentable dungen that only ppl you set can enter would work as well. Those far out in the middle of nowhere places that look cool do nothing..... make them worth something, put a shop with rare items or cheap prices. Mission terms with awesome missions. Make me feel as tho i actually found something cool for once ... instead of constant disapointment and letdown. Make those hella tough dungen areas like camelot and deep artery worth their hassel in exp with tough ass end bosses that drop cool loot. (ok maybe camping issues there but still... well ****e in DAV its 0% anyway so we could always wipe out the competition ) "

most of that sounds pretty insane, but I would like to see a 0% area with some buildings, a grd entrance, some mission terms, and maby a superior shop. the rare items for cheap prices will never happen, everyone wants that, people are pushing for a black market for fixers that has rare items that are cheap, if they are gonna sell you somthing half good in a store its going to be 3x what its worth, just look at the ICC cloaks in the fixer shop, they cost half a mill for a ql 90 coat (pluss they are ugly :\ )

Heres my never going to happen idea . Change the arena's in ent and tir so when you "die" you just get warped out of the arena , you dont actuall DIE. I'm sick of people complaining when I loot their bodys and take stuff they forgot to save when we fight in the arena.