Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ARK Avatar Design Contest

ARK Avatar Design Contest

Next victim!

Forums Advisor Valter

I've linked to their personal requests.

In the spirit of everyone getting involved, we would like our various AO artists who feel like contributing to flex their creative muscles. The moderators themselves can choose from contributions they like, and of course we would like you to take their input into consideration. Final results must be approved by the Forums Team. Must be 150x150 and in .gif format. We'll put an initial time limit of one week for submissions, and if nothing catches the fancy of the moderators of what is submitted, then we'll leave it open-ended until something they like comes along. Please state who your design is for when posting it.

Prize! Will be a one time offer of a custom avatar for those who design the selected avatars for the moderators. These custom avatars must follow the same guidelines as for ARK avatars, and will be subject to our approval for suitability for the forums.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 19th, 2013 at 04:00:47. Reason: updated for Valter
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

How would they be submitted? Via IM or just posted in this thread?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Can post them in this thread is fine with me, or if you'd prefer everyone not see them, then you can PM them to me, with it CCed to the moderator it is intended for.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Earendel does have an image for any artists to begin from as far as designing

Seriously though, GL to serious participants, looking forward for your works.

I see Massdebater is going for the Special Prize - Free Holiday Away From Forums category.

crop from a larger render i did awhile ago, thought it would look neat as an avatar

it sucks how a bunch of the detail gets messed up when converting the image to .gif :/
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 8th, 2009 at 08:17:49.

maybe it would help if they give a general ideal towards what they want their avi's to be?
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Earendel's general idea is posted. I'll flog the other two to get that done soon...
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Soo...

I'm a newbie, I like to throw around turtles (preferably have them dropped on someone's head with a bird, CSI Miami style), and I nerf trolls. Any takers?

Further details, well feel free to ask when they're needed - you won't get my PIN or my stuff though!

I have no idea what I want for an avatar, but I'd love to see some creative stuff. Dazzle me.
    Advisor Xeriathos
    Bug Hunters Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Ok,

My Avatar. Well I am a big hunking good looking Atrox with a halo and I enjoy long walks along a sun setting beach. Wait going off topic I think.

Anyways I like being tall I like to dance! and a bit of a singer at partys if there is some sort of singing competition?

Anyways other then perosnally being tall and dancing next to that would be cofea. best drink in the world in my opinion.

Hmm what else.
    I think thats all for now but basically stick all the above in 1 picture that would rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeriathos View Post
    Dazzle me.
    Well, you asked for it...

You've now been dazzled.
    Where was it when I first heard that sweet sound of humility?
    It came to my ears in the god damn loveliest melody
    How grateful I was then to be part of the mystery
    To love and to be loved
    Let's just hope that is enough

Quote Originally Posted by phobia View Post
    well, you asked for it...

you've now been dazzled.
    h8!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

here are some ideas

ideas for Earendel on top

Tefnor on bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    maybe it would help if they give a general ideal towards what they want their avi's to be?
    It just dawned on me I should probably explain Earendel's also, not just post the visual reference.

His name is an alternate name of the Norse God Aurvandil, most likely a reference to the morning star.

The image is the heraldic device of Tolkien's Eärendil, part of the long Silmarillion tale, eventually the mariner who carried the morning star across the heavens on his brow.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 8th, 2009 at 04:22:42.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

For Earendel.

For Xeriathos.

For Tefnor.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...lofullsize.jpg That was your full sized one Tefnor but it looked awful to me when I shrunk it down.
    Last edited by Grim_One; Dec 12th, 2009 at 23:40:29.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

It's a polar bear in a blizzard.
    May the Bugle be with you.

MrBugle
    MrBoogle

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post

here are some ideas

ideas for Earendel on top

Tefnor on bottom
    lmao at the bottom one.

I want a cool avatar too!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I'm still bummed no ARK has used the image I provided a while back

TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Is animated allowed? Nothing that would cause epilepsy of course, but something subtitle can be neat .

Quote Originally Posted by Xeriathos View Post
    I like to throw around turtles (preferably have them dropped on someone's head with a bird, CSI Miami style), and I nerf trolls.
    Dazzle me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tefnor View Post
    big hunking good looking Atrox with a halo and I enjoy long walks along a sun setting beach. ... Anyways I like being tall I like to dance! and a bit of a singer at partys if there is some sort of singing competition? ... cofea. ... rock!
    As a second thought you guys might like something epileptic, flashy, colorful, ... after all :P.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    Is animated allowed? Nothing that would cause epilepsy of course, but something subtitle can be neat .
    No animation.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast